This site was launched in the late 2017.
Here the first innovative Master Data Management (MDM) and Product Information Management (PIM) tool vendors joined the list with a presentation page showcasing the unique capabilities offered to the market.
The blog was launched at the same time. Since then, a lot of blog posts – including guest blog posts – have been posted. The topics covered have been about the list, the analysts and their market reports as well as the capabilities that are essential in solutions and their implementation.
In 2019 the MDM and PIM tool vendors were joined by some of the forward-looking best-of-breed Data Quality Management (DQM) tool vendors.
The Select Your Solution service was launched at the same time. Here organizations – and their consultants – who are on the look for a MDM / PIM / DQM solution can jumpstart the selection process by getting a list of the best solutions based on their individual context, scope and requirements. More than 100 hundred end user organizations or their consultants have received such a list.
Going into the 20es the site is ready to be scaled up. The new sections being launched are:
- The Service List: In parallel with the solution providers it is possible for service providers – like implementation partners – to register on The Service List. This list will run besides The Solution List. For an organization on the look for an MDM / PIM / DQM solution it is equally important to select the right solution and the right implementation partner.
- The Resource List: This is a list – going live soon – with white papers, webinars and other content from potentially all the registered tool vendors and service providers divided into sections of topics. Here end user organizations can get a quick overview of the content available within the themes that matters right now.
- The Case Study List: The next planned list is a list of case studies from potentially all the registered tool vendors and service providers. The list will be divided into industry sectors. Here end user organizations can get a quick overview of studies from similar organizations.
If you have questions and/or suggestions for valuable online content, make a comment or get in contact here:
Many analysts market reports in the Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM) and Data Quality Management (DQM) space has a generic ranking of the vendors. Some of these reports were back in December last year mentioned in the post Major Generic MDM / PIM / DQM Solution Rankings. (Since then a new Gartner MDM Magic Quadrant has been published).
The trouble with generic ranking is that one size does not fit all. Therefore organizations on the look for a solution need to examine the market anyway and spend a lot of time and/or money with consultants in doing that.
On this list there is no generic ranking. Instead there is a service where you can provide your organization’s context, scope and requirements and within 2 to 48 hours get your solution list.
The selection model includes these elements:
- Your context in terms of geographical reach and industry sector.
- Your scope in terms of domains to be covered and organizational scale stretching from specific departments over enterprise wide to business ecosystem wide (multi-enterprise).
- Your specific requirements.
- Vendor capabilities.
- A model that combines those facts into a rectangle where you can choose to:
- Go ahead with a Proof of Concept with the best fit vendor
- Make an RFP with the best fit vendors in a shortlist
- Examine a longlist of best fit vendors and other alternatives like combining more than one solution.
You can get your free solution list here.
Note that the solution vendors considered are those who are:
- On this Disruptive MDM / PIM / DQM Solutions List or
- Gartner MDM Magic Quadrant or
- Forrester MDM Wave or Forrester PIM Wave or
- Information Difference MDM Landscape
If you read The Latest Gartner MDM Magic Quadrant there is not so many clues about that the MDM market will undergo drastic changes.
Therefore, it is refreshing that Gartner analyst Malcolm Hawker has written a blog post called The Evolution of MDM. In here Malcolm Hawker examines the “evolutionary forces that are having disruptive impacts on the markets for MDM software and several adjacent markets”.
- The growing use of graph and AI/ML
- The increasing use of graph in big data environments for entity resolution
- The idea that a gold master record could be created at ‘run time’
- The explosive growth of MDM deployments in the cloud
A blog post about the future and a magic quadrant that primarily observes what happened a year or more ago at existing deployments at large organizations is, as Malcolm Hawker also indicates, of course two different things.
For organizations on the look for a platform covering MDM and/or the adjacent markets (CDP, PIM, PDS and more) the relevant vision, roadmap and approach at the vendors is crucial.
Use this list to get and overview of who has the innovative direction that fits your organization.
There is a new Gartner Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management Solutions out. The Magic Quadrant is, besides a market overview, a generic ranking of solutions with a yearly license and maintenance revenue above 15 million USD.
This list (The Disruptive MDM/PIM/DQM List) is a list of registered solutions with a select your solution service based on your context, scope and requirements *). This list does besides MDM also cover the full range of Product Information Management (PIM) solutions and Data Quality Management (DQM) solutions as well.
Some innovative MDM solutions are both on the MDM magic quadrant and on this list. These are:
*) All solutions on this list and in the magic quadrant are considered in the select your solution service.
The solution selection service on this site started 3 months ago as told here.
Since then Master Data Management (MDM) and Product Information Management (PIM) solutions have been joined by Data Quality Management (DQM) solutions, where some of the most innovative DQM solutions have joined the listing on this site.
More than 50 requesters have provided information about the context, scope and requirements of their intended solution and based on that received a report telling:
- Which solution that is the best fit for a direct proof of concept
- Which 3 solutions that are the best fit for a shortlist of solutions
- Which 7 solutions that are the best fit for a longlist of solutions
Depending on your organization’s rules and the circumstances of your solution selection this report is aimed to jumpstart your selection process using one of the above selections.
The requesters of this report that have given feedback have provided positive responses as told in the post about the First Experiences with the MDM / PIM Solution Selection Service.
The service is still free. Start here.