Many analysts market reports in the Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM) and Data Quality Management (DQM) space has a generic ranking of the vendors. Some of these reports were back in December last year mentioned in the post Major Generic MDM / PIM / DQM Solution Rankings. (Since then a new Gartner MDM Magic Quadrant has been published).
The trouble with generic ranking is that one size does not fit all. Therefore organizations on the look for a solution need to examine the market anyway and spend a lot of time and/or money with consultants in doing that.
On this list there is no generic ranking. Instead there is a service where you can provide your organization’s context, scope and requirements and within 2 to 48 hours get your solution list.
The selection model includes these elements:
- Your context in terms of geographical reach and industry sector.
- Your scope in terms of domains to be covered and organizational scale stretching from specific departments over enterprise wide to business ecosystem wide (multi-enterprise).
- Your specific requirements.
- Vendor capabilities.
- A model that combines those facts into a rectangle where you can choose to:
- Go ahead with a Proof of Concept with the best fit vendor
- Make an RFP with the best fit vendors in a shortlist
- Examine a longlist of best fit vendors and other alternatives like combining more than one solution.
You can get your free solution list here.
Note that the solution vendors considered are those who are:
- On this Disruptive MDM / PIM / DQM Solutions List or
- Gartner MDM Magic Quadrant or
- Forrester MDM Wave or Forrester PIM Wave or
- Information Difference MDM Landscape